What can I expect?
When getting a tooth implant, you can expect the following steps:
- Consultation: We will conduct a thorough examination, including X-rays and possibly a CT scan, to evaluate your oral health and determine if you’re a suitable candidate for a dental implant.
- Treatment Planning: If you’re eligible for an implant, we will develop a personalized treatment plan, considering factors like the number of implants needed, the location of the missing tooth, and your overall oral health.
- Implant Placement: The first surgical step involves placing the titanium implant post into your jawbone. This post acts as the artificial tooth root and will eventually fuse with the bone in a process called osseointegration.
- Healing Period: After implant placement, you’ll enter a healing period of several weeks to months. During this time, osseointegration occurs as the implant integrates and becomes a stable foundation for the replacement tooth.
- Abutment Placement: Once the implant has fully fused with the jawbone, a connector piece called an abutment is attached to the implant. This serves as a support structure for the final crown or prosthetic tooth.
- Crown Placement: The final step involves placing a custom-made crown, which is designed to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth. The crown is securely attached to the abutment, completing the tooth restoration process.
Throughout the procedure, we will ensure your comfort with the use of local anesthesia or sedation if needed.